Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getUser() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\barge\forum\joomphpbb_engine2.php on line 683

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\barge\libraries\loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getSession() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\barge\libraries\joomla\factory.php on line 163
modelbarge.info • View topic - Traplet Thames Barge Veronica kit
Last Site Update
Last Update:
03-08-2017 12:07
Random Gallery Image

Who's Online....
We have 197 guests online
New User Registration
In order to register on this site, you must first submit the passphrase below.

How many DAYS are in February during a LEAP YEAR?
Forum Latest
World Hits
Home

Traplet Thames Barge Veronica kit

Traplet Thames Barge Veronica kit

Postby Tomarack » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi
As I can see, Traplet prepared a very nice model Thames Barge Veronica.
Regarding the sail plan, I should like still add minor comments.
How can I see photos of constructed Veronica models on the web , here I can see also the model with three pointed Bermuda sail on her mizzen mast .
If I was able to inspect older photos of tsb, so this sail had tsb Sara at the races in 1957 year only.
For the first time I considered it as misleading the modelers , even though Veronica looks very photogenic , I've never seen photos of tsb Veronica with such sails , until I had a chance to read the book from Frank G.G. Carr . Here the author mentions a racing rig TSB Veronica, which states that the mizzen mast was 40 feet (!!!) tall with Bermuda sail, type of rig , which is now no longer sees.
I have to therefore apologize to the authors of documentation for the TSB model Veronica for my previous reviews here.
http://www.bexleyweb.co.uk/thames-barge-sara.php
tsb Veronica ..photo from web

greetings
Tom
Attachments
tsb Veronica.jpg
tsb Veronica.jpg (101.1 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Tomarack

Location: East part of Czech Republic, Mid-Europe 49°27'54.307"N, 18°8'20.078"E

Return to General Discussion