Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getUser() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\barge\forum\joomphpbb_engine2.php on line 683

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\barge\libraries\loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getSession() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\barge\libraries\joomla\factory.php on line 163
modelbarge.info • View topic - Thames Barge Champion class model building report
Last Site Update
Last Update:
03-08-2017 12:07
Random Gallery Image

Who's Online....
We have 278 guests online
New User Registration
In order to register on this site, you must first submit the passphrase below.

How many DAYS are in February during a LEAP YEAR?
Forum Latest
World Hits
Home

Thames Barge Champion class model building report

Thames Barge Champion class model building report

Postby Tomarack » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Hallo Gents,
I took the liberty to write to our site an article about building my model thames barge from " Champion class " .
I agree that not everything is perfect, but maybe you can interest about some of my methods of building .
If I will be able, I will answer any questions about this matter on this page.
All photos of my model you can also find right in the > Gallery < here

Tom / Tomarack
Tomarack

Location: East part of Czech Republic, Mid-Europe 49°27'54.307"N, 18°8'20.078"E

Re: Thames Barge Champion class model building report

Postby kimosubby shipyards » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:34 am

Hi Tom,

just been reading through your wonderful article - thanks so much for relating your build to us. It is astounding to think that you have built your barge so far away from their normal home, brilliant and I am so glad to have been able to assist in a small way.
I'm not long back from France, stayed just South of Brest on the coast. Loads of boats and a very interesting floating museum display at Douarnenez (sorry if I mangled that spelling from memory) and guess what, they have a Thames barge too, the NORTHDOWN, built by Andersons of Whistable (French spelling used here) in 1924.
They get everywhere.

Keep up the good build my friend, I'll re-start posting the Lady Daphne build as soon as I can.

Kimosubby
kimosubby shipyards

Postby Tomarack » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi Kim,
  thanks for your support in my endeavors. Over the summer I did not do a lot of progress.
For 3 weeks scout camp, then work in the garden ..
The workshop will receive only if raining .. and the rain we've had this year minimum.
It is a pity that the admin has not inserted here the continuation of my article, I sent him some time ago.
Greetings
Tom
Tomarack

Postby Tomarack » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi gents,
Yesterday was my model of Champion Class model Thames sailing barge named Capricorn on the water for the first time . It is necessary to do a number of details to complete the installation of servos for vangs and jibs.
Also missing crab winches .. I have a lot of work in the winter.
Photos are in the user gallery < Tomarack >
greetings
Tom
Attachments
IMG_9285u.jpg
IMG_9285u.jpg (201.33 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
Tomarack

Postby Tomarack » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi, I put some next photos and plan of Capricorn model to my gallery

http://barge.homeunix.org/gallery/thumb ... by&uid=277