Last Site Update
Last Update:
09-04-2018 08:54
Random Gallery Image

Who's Online....
We have 39 guests online
New User Registration
In order to register on this site, you must first submit the passphrase below.

How many DAYS are in February during a LEAP YEAR?
Forum Latest
World Hits
Home >> Barge Plans >> Thames Barge Sailing Club

PostHeaderIcon Thames Barge Sailing Club



T O'Sullivan, 22 Lonsdale Court, Pin Green, STEVENAGE, Herts SG1 5EL


(Prices quoted are as at 1995)


ASPHODEL of Portsmouth


Built by Gill & Sons in 1900. Trading days ended as a Gunpowder Barge.


Drawn by J M Russell from measurements taken in association with L E Zouch in 1963 when the barge was in the ownership of the TBSC. Sail plan prepared by F S Cooper in 1964.


Sheet 1           Line plan and deck layout.                                       ¼" - 1ft

Sheet 2           Spars, standing rigging and details of ironwork    ¼" - 1ft & ½" - 1ft

Sheet 3           Sail Plan                                                                     ¼" - 1ft






ARROW of Rochester


Built in 1897 by Gill & Sons to a design by E A Gill and W L Wyllie.


Drawn by R S Wood in 1957 while owned by TBSC


4 sheets A3 size copied at various scales


Sheet 1           Hull with gear lowered

Sheet 2           Hull Lines

Sheet 3           Sail Plan

Sheet 4 Deck Fittings








Built by Archie White of Conyer in 1900 for Eastwoods the Brickmakers. She built up a reputation as a racing barge.


Drawn by R S Wood in 1968/9 when owned by TBSC


Sheet 1           Hull Lines and Deck Plan                                         ¼" - 1ft

Sheet 2           Sail and Rigging Plan                                               Scale approx ¾ hull lines








Built at Greenwich in 1894. She was a successful competitor in a number of Barge races.


Drawn by G R Weddell in 1958


Sheet 1           Hull Lines and deck plan                                          ¼" - 1ft

Sheet 2           Hull Lines containing body plan and details                       ¼" - 1ft

Sheet 3           Sail Plan and Standing Rigging                              1/8" - 1ft






LADY OF THE LEA (Now of Dover)


Built at Rotherhithe, London in 1931 for transporting War Department from Waltham Abbey. Originally Stumpy rigged with tiller steering, she was re-rigged as a Topsail Barge.


Redrawn by Peter Ferguson in 1975 from the builders plans, and the Barge after conversion to a housebarge.


Sheet 1           Hull Elevations, Sail Plan, Cabin & Deck Plans    ¼" - 1ft






VERONA of London


Built in 1905 by Shrubshall at Greenwich. After her trading days she sailed to Sweden and was used as a drawing office by architect Ralph Erskine.


A large decorative sheet drawn by Ralph Erskine includes sail and rigging plans, deck plan, interior sections of her conversion, details of rigging, barge bobs and historical sketches.